Ninja Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» My Hero Academia - Create Your Own Power | Zetaboards
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:24 pm

» Save your goodbyes
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm

» Shinobi of Lore
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:37 pm

» Original Anime RP: Magic vs Machine
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:27 am

» Forced Heroes | Channel Your Might. Dragon Ball + Bleach
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:44 am

» The Pack Roleplay
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:46 pm

» Magi World RP
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:03 pm

» One Piece Pirate Nation
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 am

» Revival Dawn
Acid Release | Santon Emptyby Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 am

WEBMASTER
Webmaster
FOUNDERS
Ryan Juan
CREATION MODERATORS
Mod Mod Mod
Mod Mod Mod
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Acid Release | Santon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Acid Release | Santon Empty
PostSubject: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Acid Release | Santon 123612clan
Santon
( 酸遁 Acid Release )

Known Clans ( Kekkei Tōta): ?
Known Villages ( Which utilize it ) : ?

Known Users : Name : Santon; Acid Release
Description : The advanced elemental release is fabricated through the combination of two separate elements, 'suiton' and 'raiton', alongside with the universal release of 'yang'. Through the use of lightning-based chakra, the user may directly manipulate the pH levels (acidity measurement) found within water (whether their own or not) and thus turn an ordinarily harmless liquid into an extremely corrosive substance; most of the higher ranked techniques are even capable of corroding away the armor of a Susanoo. The other required release, is Yang, often depicted as the element of creation, is served to further boost the pH level by augmenting the potency of the electrical surge generated by raiton to create H+ and/or HO- ions and place them within the suiton portion of the release. Through this, the user may create a variety of levels of: acids (corrosion), and alkalies (neutralizing agent). Users may opt to create gaseous acids rather than its liquid counterpart - remaining immune to their creations.

D

Name: Tokeru | Acid Armor
Element: Santon (Acid Release)
Skill: Ninjutsu
Hand Signs: -
Description: It is one of the few extraordinarily simple techniques derived from the Santon style; if only complicated in the sense that one must combined three separate elements to perform such a 'basic' technique. In reason of the properties of the chakra which the user wields, said user need only to channel their acidic-natured chakra throughout their entire person, and thus effectively coating them in said corrosive 'armor' as it were. However, whilst it may be described as such, it does not possess any defensive properties aside from corroding all that comes within contact. The amount of chakra channeled determines the acidity (pH) of the veil worn by the user, hence channeling an "E"-Rank amount of chakra will have a pH of 7 (Neutral), whilst S-Rank would corrode just about anything immediately upon contact; as such anything other than 7 may corrode, however the closer it is to 7 the more time it would take to dissolve materials. One may 'concentrate' this surge of chakra to only one part of their body, though plays no effect on the consumption of chakra. The technique possesses no range nor speed - as it relies upon the user's own chakra network; hence divulging every point into its potency. The following numbers describe the amount of damage in corrosion in ascending order: 40/90/140/190/290. The remaining 10 points serve as the technique required to mold the element itself - possessing no durability as the technique is not designed to act as actual armor. Requires 2/4/6/8/10 chakra upkeep should the user refrain from dispelling the technique after paying the initial costs for the 'level'.

C

Name:  Bakuonpa | Boomburst
Hand Signs: Tatsu - I - Hitsuji - Tora - Mi
Description: After having formed the five necessary hand signs, one would extend their arms outward toward the opponent and a torrent would burst through the palms of their hands; affecting a cone-shaped area which extends at the very most, five meters - at a rate of fifteen meters a second. All that is found within that limited area would begin to corrode away at an alarming rate, though even when doused, as long as a living being jumps out of the afflicted area quickly, they should only suffer minor burns at the very most; capable of even washing the dangerous substance away should they be hit directly with the technique. However all that which finds itself within the confines of the range will bleak away from existence at the end of one post; plant-life, humans, animals, rocks, and if there were enough liquid; it could even reveal the core of the planet given enough time to eat away at the earth. The corrosive damage has a value of 50 in terms of potency - 10 other points are reserved for the molding of the element, and 5 for the hand signs.

Name: Fushoku Bakudan | Corrosive Bomb
Hand Signs: Tatsu - Tori - Uma - Mi
Description: In reason that of the user being capable of creating a variety of corrosive substances, in both the liquefied and gaseous variety, they are capable of creating a sphere, about the size of a man's hand (0.2m), and launching said orb toward a target at a rate of five meters a second to a maximum distance of ten meters. Whilst the ball itself is capable of corroding things upon contact, the primary purpose is for the user to detonate the object-in-question from afar; via severing the connected strand of chakra from them to the bomb. Upon having done so, it would explode and drench the immediate area of detonation of a corrosive liquid; bearing a maximum radius of five at the point of the explosive. This orb may be prematurely set to explode by any sort of flame as it is highly flammable; turning into a gas which seeps throughout the area (concentrated within 5 meters) until dispersed one post later. This will cause both an explosion to occur, as well as the opponent having difficulty breathing should they breathe in the noxious, and slightly corrosive fumes. The corrosive damage has a value of 30, an explosive damage of 20, and 1 point dedicated to damage done with corrosive fumes - 10 other points are reserved for molding the element itself, 4 for the hand signs, and the remainder toward the design of the technique itself.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 am

So, is this Boil Release or not? The manga is a bit unclear about the definitions, we have Futton (canonical boil release used by Mei Temuri, which is Fire/Water and is capable of melting Susanno) we have the boil release used by Han and its Bijuu (Which is off limits for those who aren't Kokuro's host, and more commonly known as Steam Release) and we have an actual acid release used by Saiken the bijuu and Utakata, which is off limits for those who aren't Saiken's host. How long does the acid last? Obviously if you used acid goo no jutsu and it stuck to someone at 80 strength, its just 80 "strength worth of damage" same as a fireball at 80 damage, not a continual 80 damage a turn correct?

Is this like something new? Because as Saint said
Saint wrote:
we need the Canon clans to stay as close to canon as possible

Now, we can delve into this clan a bit

Users may opt to create gaseous acids rather than its liquid counterpart - remaining immune to their creations. Canonical Boil Release is a gaseous acid, no liquid counterpart, if its a liquid version, I fear that goes into the realm of the bijuu Saiken. Obviously you are immune to the techniques, but friends/allies/enemies are not (including summons/constructs mind you). Please clearly state this.

Acid Armor - Is E though S rank, so please mark it as such, you always pay for the highest value. Since this isn't "armor" but rather a "don't touch me", its potency is related to that, rather than vs other jutsu's etc etc. I.E if a boulder hits you, the acid isn't going to reduce/hinder its effects. If you want it to, please make changes accordingly. Second issue, upkeep costs, way to low for S rank, since its at full potency every post, I'd be more comfortable with something higher. Third issue, endurance, could you make a small mention of how endurance plays into this? Fourth Issue, are you wearing this armor and performing say taijutsu? Does it stack?

Boomburst - Eating/corroding things. This has a strength of 50, thus it acts like a jutsu at potency of 50, be it a water move, or a earth move. We aren't going to differentiate to try and make this more powerful than what the numbers indicate. It hurts the same as a wind move that has a potency of 50, and can be stopped/washed away/blown away by things greater than 50.

Corrosive Bomb - Again, just a quick mention as I'm sure you got it, has a strength of 30, does the same amount of damage as any technique with a strength of 30 would. I like the idea of a chakra string, but if you want, try a remove detonation, like they do with exploding tags.
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 10:13 am

As currently described - it is acid, not boil/vapour; considering those would use suiton and katon. The only difference between Mei Temuri and Han - is that one is based on a kekkei genkai (thus requiring the necessary elements), and the other is granted the ability free-of-charge (well, depending on the tailed beast).

If we go by what you said - would that imply that no one may have any advanced elemental releases that any of the Bijuu may have? This would include Shukaku's Magnet-Release; Matatabi's Katon (albeit allegedly more advanced); Isobu's Suiton (coral?); Son Goku's Lava; Kokuo's Boil; Saiken's Suiton (albeit he secretes acid, though Jinchuuriki never showed evidence of this other than explosive bubbles); Chomei's (flight?); Gyuki's Ink; Kurama's (enhanced healing? scorch release according to some non-canonical sources).

I do not consider outright banning these releases as an appropriate action - as tailed beasts often give numerous advantages other than potentially (as some do not) an advanced elemental release. This would include enhanced chakra reserves, chakra modes (of which there are about three), immunity to genjutsu at high comparability, as well as not actually requiring base elements to form the advanced element (as this is most likely already performed by the Bijuu itself, rather than the host). Hence I do not consider it the same as that of a Jinchuuriki (of which there will be none; at least starting out).

Also - just as noted before, there are canon clans which use x kekkei genkai which a Bijuu may have themselves/grant to their hosts, like Mei (She has 2!), Gaara's family (mostly Kazekage), multiple people for Lava, etc. Hence it's not directly against canon for a clan to possess such kekkei genkai.

If I ever create a technique in which it sticks to a person, it would then have a "last x amount of posts" as required. Otherwise, these are all deemed to be instantaneous, albeit might have RP-consequences if not shaken off or washed off; ie, melting off an entire arm lest there's some defensive mechanic that the target employs.

Yes - this is something new. As there are no clans or actual kekkei genkai which use this advanced elemental release.

Boil Release is not an acid - it is literally steam; amazingly hot steam, but steam nonetheless (unless you make steam off of acid, in which case, yes it would be acidic). Boil and Acid differ in the sense that Boil would not be weak to suiton (as it'll just evaporate water due to its raw temperature), whilst Acid would be washed away (perks of not having katon as a base~).

I figured that by implying that only the user is immune - that anyone else would not be - otherwise I would have written something like "May choose what gets damaged or not". Though if this is an issue, I will include that information as you've asked.

I'm alright with changing Tokeru to a multi-rank technique. As noted, no points in potency went toward the durability aspect - and thus I understand that it would not reduce damage by itself. I went ahead and gave upkeep costs to previously reviewed techniques 20% of total chakra cost; hence S-Rank techniques would have 10 per post. Though it should be noted that if the armor were to be washed/blown away (via fuuton or suiton), then it would have to be re-applied and thus pay full chakra once more. Endurance would be quite difficult to measure, as this does not do piercing or blunt damage - rather melts away skin/bone/etc. I imagine that (being set on fire would be highly similar, no amount of defense is gonna negate your flesh being melted off), depending on the potency damage, that it'll do varying amounts of trauma damage due to different endurance-levels - though it'll ultimately eat away at everything if one does absolutely nothing.

Taijutsu would be capable of being applied - though anything deemed as a ranked-technique would immediately turn off the armor - in reason of the concentration required to maintain it (also neutralizing agents). I will include this information in the description - though use, basic punching and kicking will be feasible. Though not any advanced or extremely strenuous things.

Boomburst will only do 50 points of damage - as described. Only affecting the area upon the post it is used (degrades into nothing after the next person's post).

Corrosive Bomb is capable of remote detonation - this is achieved via severing the chakra string (by cutting off the supply).
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 10:50 am

I'm going to talk this over the the admins. It feels like you want boil release (however semantics argue, its corrosive gas, which is not steam) just with raiton not katon. You have almost a word for word definition of "acid" release taken from the Boil Release page (PH levels, melting susanno). I don't see much of a difference at this point between boil and this to warrant a totally separate KKG. If Saint and Shinsui feel differently then I'll oblige.

Edit: After talking with Saint, we both agreed that this version of acid release, is the Temuri Clan Boil release is all but name. You are free to make these custom jutsu's vai the Temuri clan, but you'll need to make the Temuri Clan Boil release. You can still talk to Shinsui if you feel they are and should be separate clans and if he agrees with you, we can all sit down and discuss why they should be separate. But for right now, its Boil. Sorry mate.

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Talked with Saint)
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 11:02 am

No - I do not want boil/vapour release. I have personally handcrafted the description of the kekkei genkai/tota using what little knowledge I procured via schooling (and google!) - and implemented said knowledge when I've written it up.

Boil Release, is completely different - it is entirely steam. The only reason steam contains corrosive-like properties is due to its temperature; whilst Acids would be based on the pH levels of whatever liquid/gas/solid.

I am currently looking over the Boil Release of Narutopedia and fail to see any reference to pH levels - hence it is safe to assume that I did not copy any wording whatsoever. Susanno was an unfortunate coincidence - merely meant to portray the extent of the power that this elemental release may bring through its higher-ranked techniques (as both are capable of melting, it is not so farfetched to be somewhat similar). As mentioned before, Acid and Boil releases are different, as you've even previously mentioned Han (having boil), and Utaka (having acid allegedly); hence it's different enough to be considered different set of elements within the canon and thus deserving separate releases.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 1:48 pm

I do hope a bit of chatbox conversation cleared this up. I know some odd details were given that well... seem perhaps a bit irrational. We all know Naruto and its authors aren't all that rational. I know some things were said back and forth, a little flair of the dramatic.

I'd like to take a moment and perhaps explain my stance and view on canon and any precedents. I personally don't take things cart blanch, and try to be a bit like a judge in a divorce decree. Two sides, one is saying "I had this before we were married" and the other "no he didn't". So its important for me to look at references, chapters in question etc etc. Concerning this deal with bijuu, it may seem confusing, but for myself it isn't, and I think for Saint it isn't either. Lets take Magnet release that was thrown around, being specific to bijuu. Has a bijuu been shown using it... yes. Now, cart blanch would say "Okay full stop, only bijuu" but we have to do a little more research. Are there people, not related to the bijuu that have used magnet release... yes. Therefore we can infer its not such a strict cart blanch approach. Now, we can talk about boil release.

As I said, Boil release has two forms, one from Han and his bijuu (steam), we haven't seen any other person utilize steam this way, so judgement has to fall that steam (Boil) in Han's jutsu move set, is a bijuu ability, and limited to that particular bijuu and its host(s). Then we have Mei's boil release, which
wiki wrote:
Mei Terumī utilises powerful corrosive vapour capable of dissolving anything. She is also able to control the range and level of the vapour's acidity.

I'll also go to the manga for a source for this.

Acid Release | Santon Mist10
Acid Release | Santon Acid10

I will talk to Saint about one point though, it seems odd to me that its "boil" when its in a gas form, and "acid" when its in a liquid form, and maybe we can have some more liquid versions of Boil release in that case. If you are willing, if not just let us know. Again sorry things went this way, but for us, there wasn't much of a difference between what you created, and the actual canon Boil Release. For me, simple creating a liquid form of "Boil Release" was more than enough for me to justify that this clan and boil release shouldn't be separate KKG's.
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 3:05 pm

Well - I'll personally give up on the matter since my perspective on the matter was not capable of persuading either of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acid Release | Santon   Acid Release | Santon Empty

Back to top Go down

Acid Release | Santon
Page 1 of 1